Rugeley Power Station taken on its last day of operation.
aerial photograph of Rugeley Power Station taken on its last day of operation. Originally one of two power stations on the site, Rugeley A (600 Megawatts) and Rugeley B (1000 Megawatts) . Rugeley A was opened in 1961 with Rugeley B following in 1970. Originally coal was supplied along a conveyor from the nearby Lea Hall Colliery but after the closure of the Colliery in 1991 the coal was delivered by rail. Rugeley A was closed and demolished in 1995 and now Rugeley B was closed with generation being switched off on the day this photograph was taken. The Power station is now to be demolished.
Author: Jonathan Webb
www.aeroengland.co.uk 2016.Bild-Kunst Urhebernummer 221 16 27.alle recht vorbehalten.all rights reserved.all moral rights are asserted.This image is not an Orphan Work and may not be licensed through any form of extended collective licensing
Photo size: 41.3 Mpixels (118 MB uncompressed) - 8000x5159 pixels (26.6x17.1 in / 67.7x43.7 cm at 300 ppi)