St. Remigius Church , Long Clawson Leicestershire
aerial photograph of St. Remigius Church , Long Clawson Leicestershire UK. Dating from the 14th to 15th Century the Grade II listed church contains a 13th century effigy suggesting there was an earlier church on the site. The historical records from 1304 show there was a "castle" in the field immediately east of the church ( top left of the photo) and some traces of a moat remain. In 1893 the church narrowly escaped demolition and replacement but on reflection the church decided to restore the existing building.
Author: Jonathan Webb
www.aeroengland.co.uk 2017.Bild-Kunst Urhebernummer 221 16 27.alle recht vorbehalten.all rights reserved.all moral rights are asserted.This image is not an Orphan Work and may not be licensed through any form of extended collective licensing
Photo size: 20.6 Mpixels (58.8 MB uncompressed) - 5620x3658 pixels (18.7x12.1 in / 47.6x31.0 cm at 300 ppi)