St Olaves Church York
aerial photograph of St Olave's Church York England UK. Dedicated to St Olaf, patron saint of Norway, the Church was built under the orders of Siward, the Scandinavian Earl of Northumbria when the East of England was under the Danelaw. The exact year of construction is unknown, the first mention of the church in the written historical record is an entry in the Anglo Saxon Chronicle mentioning the death of Siward in 1055. The church was subsequently rebuilt in the 15th century with restorations in the 18th and 19th centuries.
Author: Jonathan Webb
www.aeroengland.co.uk 2017.Bild-Kunst Urhebernummer 221 16 27.alle recht vorbehalten.all rights reserved.all moral rights are asserted.This image is not an Orphan Work and may not be licensed through any form of extended collective licensing
Photo size: 19.5 Mpixels (55.9 MB uncompressed) - 5694x3430 pixels (18.9x11.4 in / 48.2x29.0 cm at 300 ppi)
© aeroengland.co.uk all rights reserved, all moral rights asserted Tel. 0161 4395 197